New Life Care Ministry
A biblical counseling approach to caring for, shepherding, and discipling people
Who is the Care Ministry?
- Devoted Christian volunteers trained through Biblical Counseling Center and commissioned by New Life Evangelical Free Church.
- As lay counselors, these volunteers are not professionals providing guidance as licensed mental health practitioners. They simply offer Christian counseling based on the Word of God and prayer led by the Holy Spirit.
What does the Care Ministry do?
- Bring the hope of Christ to hurting people by providing one-to-one individual, couple, or family counseling, shepherding and discipling.
- Provide occasional group discipling sessions on topics such as marriage, addictions, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Equip other people to become lay counselors by making available the Biblical Counseling Center training courses and walking alongside those trainees.
Why a biblical counseling approach?
- To equip the saints to do the work of ministry
- Ephesians 4:11-13
- We believe that it is critical that the leaders of the church are equipping others to do the work of ministry.
- To fulfill the Great Commission
- Matthew 28:16-20
- Our mission as a church is to be making disciples of Jesus Christ. Christian counseling is first and foremost helping people become more like Jesus Christ. Christian counseling is discipleship.
- To help people who are hurting/struggling
- Matthew 9:36
- We want to be a relational church which means we are going to be getting to know each other really well. When that happens, when we let down our defenses, we will begin to see that there is a lot of hurt and brokenness all around us. We want to follow in Jesus’ steps and reach out to those who are hurting with the hope that only comes from God’s Word.
How do I request and receive help from the Care Ministry?
- Contact New Life Church at 605-886-1977 or LaDonnaR@newlifeefree.org.
- After you complete and return a confidential personal data inventory form, a lay counselor will call you to schedule a convenient time to meet. Based on your needs, you could meet a few times or on a weekly basis for a period of time.