CURRENT SERMON SERIES
Some of the themes we will be exploring are experiencing joy in the middle of suffering, contentment (the most counter-cultural word in the English dictionary), the importance of prayer, the need to be unified and being on mission with other believers to spread the gospel. It is a book that will challenge us to move beyond being spectators to living as fully committed followers of Jesus Christ! We would love for you to join us!
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES AT 9AM
Our Sunday School classes meet during the school year and take a break in the summers.
Using Our Spiritual Gifts to Fulfill the Great Commission
led by Pastor michael and meeting in the fellowship hall
Week 1-Jan 21 | Are We Spectators or Disciple Makers?
- The American church is in consumer mode
- The remedy to consumerism in the church is the gospel (Matthew 10:37-39; Matthew 16:24-26)
- What is the mission of New Life Church? (Matthew 28:16-20)
- What is the connection between spiritual gifts and making disciples? (1 Corinthians 14:12/Ephesians 4:11-16)
Week 2-Jan 28 | Exploring Spiritual Gifts
- What are the spiritual gifts? (Romans 12/Ephesians 4/1 Corinthians 12)
- What does the EFCA believe about “miraculous gifts”?
- What is the best way to determine and develop your spiritual gifts?
- Ten important truths about spiritual gifts
Week 3-Feb 4 | Investing Your Spiritual Gifts and Steps to Take to Make Disciples
- Being good stewards of the gifts God has given us (Matthew 25:14-30)
- Different ways spiritual gifts can be used at New Life and in the world
- Practical steps to take to begin making disciples
- Pitfalls to be on guard against as we think about spiritual gifts
led by steve koistinen and meeting in room 209
The Psalms class will not be meeting January 21 - February 4 so that everyone can attend the class above, "From Spectators to Disciple Makers". It will resume February 11.